photo logocopyFINAL2_zps4f3aeeb2.png

Is Destiny's Child Back Together??


If you haven't heard the rumors circling around the internet by now I'll let you know what's up. Apparently, Destiny's Child has teamed up with producer Pharrell to sing their first song together in eight years. The song "Nuclear" [above] has a kind of R&B feel, but I'm not all that in love with the track. Sure it sounds nice, but I thought they would come back with some fire or something! Not this sappy stuff, but hey I'm no musician. Now, many people are super excited to hear what else this group has come up with when they release their rather unexpected album Love Songs on the 29th. But after doing some research of my own on the album, I was disappointed to find that Love Songs is nothing more than a compilation of the trio's 'romantic' songs from 1997 to 2004 plus their new song "Nuclear". 

Not the greatest plan for getting your music back on the map, but it does make for good publicity! After all  the trio is set to perform together for part of Beyonce's half time show. Hopefully they pull this off because the acts they have been putting up there lately have been the reason I change the channel. Sorry (but not really) Madonna, Fergie, Tom Petty and everyone else. Ever since the infamous wardrobe malfunction of '04 (Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake) the show has kind of been a snooze-fest. Although I can't lie, I mostly watch the show for the commercials haha. 


What about you guys though? Do you watch for the game, the commercials  or the halftime show?
divider

No comments

Post a Comment