photo logocopyFINAL2_zps4f3aeeb2.png

Rebelution - Part II

After the show we all went to The Bronze Peacock Room and we started dancing. It was this big open space with all of these strobe lights and badass music. We were just dancing when Marley came up to us and started dancing with us too. It was so funny! We were all just laughing and being silly together. Then the bar offered them free drinks and they decided to share with us! Super nice of them. Marley had a thing for Dani so he was talking with her but then the bar announced that they were closing and they moved all us into this secret room next door. 

It was like an Indian/Bohemian paradise in there! They had belly dancers and electric violinists, lights, blacklight artists and everything in-between. I couldn't believe that I was in America! The club felt more like an exotic place, or far off land. They even had light up hula hoops and we were all playing and dancing with them. I don't know what it was about that night, but it was a ton of fun. We left and Marley came with us to a local Taqueria. We got to ask him all kinds of questions, and talk about different philosophies. We asked why they didn't play "Heart of a Lion" though and he let us know it was because the previous lead singer had played a huge part in bringing that track to life and they no longer play it because it brings up toxic memories. which is completely understandable.

We stayed up talking until about 4:00 a.m. and then I drove him back to his tour bus. The strangest thing was that he didn't even ask for Dani's number at the end of the night. He kissed her hand and told her goodnight. It was so bizarre...but it was pretty cool at the same time. His parents named him after Bob Marley so I guess I should have expected him to be a little eccentric. He was super nice though, and thats what really counts in my book. Afterwards Madison wanted me to just crash on her couch, instead of making the long trek home, but she had a huge dog (like Scooby Doo huge) and I didn't want him messing with me in the night. So I made the drive back the same night, I was wicked tired and sleepy but I made it! And then I promptly passed out haha. That night was the most fun I have had in a long time. A night to remember for sure!

divider

No comments

Post a Comment