photo logocopyFINAL2_zps4f3aeeb2.png

How To Make It In L.A. - Part II

The conference kicked off with L'wren Scott and man did she get the ball rolling. She has an amazing story, and she doesn't think that's she made it in fashion yet! She gave all kinds of tips and advice, her speech was crazy inspirational. I think I'm going to write a piece on it for DISfunkshion. I think I love this conference so much because it brings so many different people together. It's mind blowing and it makes me glad to know that I'm not the only one trying to make their dreams come true. I know that with enough determination we are all capable of anything we put our minds to.

I was most excited to listen to lunch keynote speaker Erica Domesek of P.S. I Made This. Not only is she an insanely talented individual, she is also an amazing speaker and an all around good person. When she opens her mouth you can tell that every word that leaves her mouth is said with purpose and dedication. She really inspired me to take my own brand into my hands, and get out there and start doing something instead of just saying you're going to do it later. After her speech I went up to her and asked if I could hug her, she was really and said "awe, sure," and then I thanked her for being so genuine.  She let me know that she really does love speaking to people, she just doesn't have time to do it all the time. She's a breath of fresh air in an industry that can become so jaded, and I am really glad that I go the chance to meet her.

The conference was really amazing, I'm sad that I don't live in Los Angeles! I made so many connections, and people that I can ask for advice. I really can't wait to get back home and start to implement the strategies I've learned. The conference was fun, but I'm really tired. I'm about to crash out! I think the change from the crappy Texas weather to this beautiful California weather is messing with me. I'm going to take some medicine and take a nap. Hopefully I'll feel better in the morning. G'night everyone.


divider

No comments

Post a Comment