photo logocopyFINAL2_zps4f3aeeb2.png
Location: Houston, TX

DIY Pretty Painted Pots


Would you believe me if I told you I made these cute little pots in less than five minutes? No?! Well I dare you to prove me wrong. This is one of the fastest DIYs I've done to date. I hope you enjoy and share with your friends! 


Here's what you'll need: 1. Acrylic paint / 2. Water / 3. Little pot / 4. Paintbrushes


Paint the entire bottom half of the pot first and let dry. I alternated between using white paint and different colors, but feel free to do what you think is best :) It's your project so just have fun with it!


I went as far as to paint the inside of the pot too, just because soil rarely fills a pot all the way to the top.


Next, take your paint bottle and slowly drip paint down the side of your pot. 


I tried to keep the globs of paint as skinny as possible, it'll make it easier for you when you go back and clean up the running paint with your paintbrush.


Dip your paintbrush into the running paint and use it to create the same drip effect.
 Saturate the brush and gently run it down the pot to achieve this effect. Repeat until the pot is covered.


Once it dries it should look something like this! 
Feel free to comment below if you have any questions, I'd love to answer them :)

No comments

Post a Comment